Why Cheeky? Well .......it's just so much cooler than saying smart alec, smart mouth, sassy britches, or worse yet, smart a*# which are all things I've been called for pretty much my entire life. Maybe it's just the Dorothy Sayers or Harry Potter in me, but it just seems the British say it eveh so much beteh, don't you think? Rathah!

Why Teacher? Ummmm. Because I am one.







Thursday, June 16, 2016

Florence free day

Hi! My name is Courtney and I am another one of the world travellers on this Europe adventure! Today I had the opportunity to venture about the beautiful city of Florence. We did A LOT of shopping, but it was neat to discover all the unique Italian shops. We bartered with street vendors and visited fancy leather stores. My mom even purchased wine from a cute little wine shop. We purchased gifts for allllll the relatives! My personal favorite things to find in Florence are pastries! 😍 We sure have done a lot of eating here, and today was no exception! I was on a mission to find a delicious crepe place and I did exactly that. How does a Nutella crepe with fresh fruit sound? That's right, delicious! 👌🏼 The second sweet of the day was some gelato, but I suppose that had been a daily occurrence here!! It was a wonderful day in Florence. How could it not be in such a magnificent place?! 🙈 I look forward to the days to come and hopefully many more visits to Italia in the future! Arrivederci! 🇮🇹
This is everybody who did NOT go to Pisa for the day. We are in the Piazza de Signori where there is a duplicate of The David where he used to stand. We are posing, it appears, beneath the statue of Triton, or Poseidon if you're Greek.

No comments: