Why Cheeky? Well .......it's just so much cooler than saying smart alec, smart mouth, sassy britches, or worse yet, smart a*# which are all things I've been called for pretty much my entire life. Maybe it's just the Dorothy Sayers or Harry Potter in me, but it just seems the British say it eveh so much beteh, don't you think? Rathah!

Why Teacher? Ummmm. Because I am one.







Tuesday, June 7, 2016

And We're Off! (Kind Of...)

Hello, my name is Liza and I am one of the lucky students to be going on this trip. Being the corageous out person I am I decided to sign up for blogging for the first day. I was suppose to hand over the designated blogging iPad after we reached Rome the next day but it seems as if things never go to plan.  Sunday June 5th: Everyone in the group arrives at 10 am ready for out flight at 12:45 pm that afternoon. This is where the adventure begins. As we wait at the gait our flight gets delayed again and again until we are able to leave at 4, meaning we will miss our connecting flight at JFK. 
 
The next few hours are a blur of flying scrambling off the plane and searching for any flight that will get us to Europe, be that flight landing in Rome or London. But time doesn't work in our favor. We have no other options other than take a flight at 8 pm the following day, leaving our group stranded in New York for an entire day. We end up spending the night on the floor of gate B25 while speakers blared about not smoking in the airport and arriving flyers loudly walked by.  
Monday June 6th: Despite the current situation of missing out on an entire day of our tour, we make the most of what we got. We visited the 9/11 Memorial, Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building, Times Square, walked down Broadway, experienced the New York subway, and even say a Gucci store. Each member of the group walked over 9 miles that day on an average of about 4 hours of sleep. 
 
 
Looking back on the last two days it seems as if nothing went according to plan. And really nothing did. All I can say looking back is that I'm glad everything happened and I wouldn't change it for the world. Ruined plans have a way of making a trip memorable,nd boy are we off to a good start. 
 
 
 
   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your attitude and spirit of adventure, Liza! Glad you all finally made it to Rome together. Savor each day!